[sylpheed:34084] Re: Problem with creating IMAP accounts

v_2e at ukr.net v_2e at ukr.net
Sun Jun 20 18:37:14 JST 2010

  Hello!

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 01:40:56 -0700 (PDT)
Anton Shepelev <anton.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I  have  found  a  problem with the way Sylpheed's
> wizard creates an IMAP account.
>
> After asking for the initial data it tries to con-
> nect to the server for the first time and asks for
> password. If it is entered  at  this  moment  then
> everything works ok, but if the "Cancel" button is
> pressed and the password is entered in the account
> configuration Sylpheed does not seem to be getting
> the correct password from there.
>
> So if the user tries to get the count of new  mes-
> sages  for  that account (after having entered the
> correct password manually in Account Preferences),
> nothing  happens:  no  error  is  reported; No new
> entries appear in  the "Log messages", except that
> the first unsuccessful attempt is reported:

> * creating IMAP4 connection to imap.gmail.com:993 ...
> ** LibSylph-WARNING: [12:32:26] Could not establish IMAP connection.
>
> ** Could not establish IMAP connection.
> [12:32:26] IMAP4> 43 NOOP
> [12:32:27] IMAP4< 43 OK Success
> [12:32:27] IMAP4> 44 CLOSE
> [12:32:27] IMAP4< 44 OK Returned to authenticated state. (Success)
>
> However, if the same account is  created  directly
> from Edit Accounts -> Add no problems occur.
>
> Anton

  Have you tried to just restart Sylpheed after editing the correct
password in the account?
  I'm asking because Sylpheed tends to save somewhere (on the session
basis, I guess) the entered passwords even if they are incorrect. And I
do not see a way to re-enter the password without restarting Sylpheed.
I don't know why is this happening, because it is very inconvenient,
but I'm not a programmer and I cannot check the source code out to
figure it out from there.

Regards,
Vladimir
-----