[sylpheed:34154] SSL, GPG and dual monitor problems

Kalitnikoff kalitnikoff at privatdemail.net
Mon Jul 26 23:53:44 JST 2010

Hi there. Using Sylpheed under WinXP SP3 and find some problems that
are very annoying. This is for two latest versions of Sylpheed - 3.0.3,
3.1.0b2

1. GPG: received message with attached file is encrypted and optionally
signed. When popup window is appeared, type password for secret key and
all is OK then. But if you click "Cancel" or just hit Escape button
when popup window is appeared, sylpheed hangs up until you manually kill
gpg.exe process. Encrypted messages without attached files has good
reaction for canceling :) Don`t know if its imnportant, but key`s
length is 4096.

2. SSL certificate. "Accept always" option doesn`t work properly, it
works like "Accept temporarly" option with one little difference - if
you hit Accept always, Sylpheed creates trust.crt file in profile
folder with ssl cert of mail server. With the next program load
Sylpheed ignores this file at all and offers again to accept cert
temp. or permanently for one session. Adding this cert to the head or
the tail of etc\ssl\certs\certs.crt, according to the readme file,
doesn`t help, even when I deleted certs.crt nothing breaks (is it
ignored at all too?). But interesting fact is that when I place
trust.crt to ... {User}\Application Data\Sylpheed\ (%APPDATA%\Sylpheed)
all became ok and working good, no more questions about cert acceptance.

3. I have two monitors. When maximized window minimizes to system tray
and after a while I click on tray icon to restore window, it restores
maximized on the bigger monitor, not on that where window was maximized
the first time. If Sylpheed in windowed mode all is ok after restoring
from minimized state.

Two more suggestions.
-When sending encrypted message and window with public keys is
displayed, why not to display all of keys available, not only with
proper e-mail? Or make an option to turn this "smart" display
function off or on.
-I think the Sylpheed`s popularity will grow up significantly if you
implement proxy functionality in it. It will be good step to private
mailing, especially for Tor users. I found the way to work it through
the proxy, but my method is not convenient and definitely hard to
reproduct for average user.

Regards,
Greg