[sylpheed:34152] Re: RFE: make unread label color configurable on folder panel

Andre Costa blueser at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 03:15:16 JST 2010

Hi Hiroyuki,

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 03:07, Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:24:25 -0300
> Andre Costa <blueser at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've been experimenting dark GNOME themes, and one of the minor
> > annoyances is that Sylpheed marks folders with unread messages with a
> > dark red color which contrasts poorly with dark backgrounds. AFAICS
> > this color is not configurable (please correct me if I'm wrong). Any
> > chance this becomes configurable on a future release?
>
> Currently folder colors are hard-coded and not configurable.
> Maybe I'll add settings for them in ~/.sylpheed-2.0/sylpheedrc.

Please, please, do consider adding them, It would definitely improve
Sylpheed users' experience on dark background themes =)

While we're on this subject: could you please consider making the X-Mailer
header color also configurable? AFAIK it is also hardcoded to blue, isn't
it?

My final (somewhat unrelated) request would be to make the color labels'
colors configurable as well. I believe this would make Sylpheed completely
configurable color-wise (IMHO some of the default colors  don't play nice
even with the default white background -- e.g. cyan).

Thks for listening =)

Regards,

Andre