[sylpheed:33879] Re: signature question

Bruce Bowler bbowler at bigelow.org
Fri Apr 16 02:47:57 JST 2010

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:40:16 +0200
Thomas Faber <thfabba at gmx.de> put fingers to keyboard and said:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:01:46 -0400
> Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 02:43:27 +0200
> > Ricardo Mones <mones at debian.org> put fingers to keyboard and said:
> > >   The execute command seems not to be working, at least not for a
> > > simple bat file which echoes a line and invoked with "cmd /c
> > > c:/signature.bat" from sylpheed.
>
> cmd /c works fine for me. Using either forward slashes or double
> backslashes for paths.

After a bit of experimenting, that works for me too...  How do I stop
the "dos box" from flashing on the screen?

> > Writing the program turns out to be fairly trivial, and works well
> > when I "type \\.\pipe\signature" but fails when I set sylpheed up
> > to use that pipe.
>
> Escape the backslashes. [1]
> This is rather inconvenient, but it's Gtk's fault, not Sylpheed's ;)

OK, I'll accept that it's not Sylpheed's fault :-)

Changing the "filename" to \\\\.\\pipe\\signature (I think I counted
the correct number of \'s there) does nothing.

Thanks!
Bruce

--
Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org>