[sylpheed:33878] Re: signature question

Thomas Faber thfabba at gmx.de
Fri Apr 16 00:40:16 JST 2010

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:01:46 -0400
Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 02:43:27 +0200
> Ricardo Mones <mones at debian.org> put fingers to keyboard and said:
> >   The execute command seems not to be working, at least not for a
> > simple bat file which echoes a line and invoked with "cmd /c
> > c:/signature.bat" from sylpheed.

cmd /c works fine for me. Using either forward slashes or double
backslashes for paths.

> Writing the program turns out to be fairly trivial, and works well when
> I "type \\.\pipe\signature" but fails when I set sylpheed up to use
> that pipe.

Escape the backslashes. [1]
This is rather inconvenient, but it's Gtk's fault, not Sylpheed's ;)

> ** LibSylph-WARNING: Can't execute command: dir {or whatever executable
> I was trying to run to generate a signature}

dir isn't an executable on Windows by the way. "cmd /c dir" should work,
though.

Regards,
Tom

[1] http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/glib/glib-Spawning-Processes.html#g-spawn-command-line-sync