[sylpheed:33217] Re: Updated Sylpheed FAQ - Call for Review

Petr Kovar pknbe at volny.cz
Fri Sep 25 06:59:30 JST 2009

Hi again! :-)

Randy Dunlap <rdunlap at xenotime.net>, Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:40:04 -0700:

(...)

> It would be great to have more info on setting custom key bindings.
> I went thru lots of saved emails about how to do this, tried several of
> them, and still failed.  :(
>
> Oh, I see, it's in section 3.7 -- and it still doesn't work for me.  oh
> well. Must be highly gtk or other library dependent.

Now that I looked in README distributed with Sylpheed, I see the answer
(and also a typo :-):

Unlike 1.0.x, this version doesn't allow the direct modification of menu
shortcuts by default. You can use the follwing methods to configure them:

1. Using GNOME 2.8 or later
   Run gconf-editor from 'Applications - System Tools - Configuration
Editor'. Select 'desktop - gnome - interface' and check 'can-change-accels'
in it.

2. Using before GNOME 2.8 or other environments
   Add (or create a new one) gtk-can-change-accels = 1 to ~/.gtkrc-2.0.

3. When Sylpheed is not running, directly edit ~/.sylpheed-2.0/menurc using
   editors.

Hope that helps.

I should have really paid closer attention to that file when updating the
FAQ, my bad. So that's on my to-do list now. :-)

Regards,
Petr Kovar