[sylpheed:33216] Re: Updated Sylpheed FAQ - Call for Review

Petr Kovar pknbe at volny.cz
Fri Sep 25 04:59:14 JST 2009

Hi!

Randy Dunlap <rdunlap at xenotime.net>, Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:40:04 -0700:

> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 22:05:47 +0200 Petr Kovar wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > So, I've finally gotten Sylpheed FAQ in (hopefully) enough shape to
> > publish it on the Sylpheed Documentation Project (sylpheeddoc) website:
> >
> > http://sylpheeddoc.sourceforge.net/en/faq/sylpheed-faq.html
> >
> > And in a form suitable for distribution with Sylpheed here:
> >
> > http://pknbe.users.sourceforge.net/faq/en/sylpheed-faq.html
>
> Great, thanks.
>
> > I dare say that the existing Q&A should be up-to-date enough to comply
> > with Sylpheed 2.7.1, but if you spot any factual and/or grammatical
> > problem, please don't hesitate to reply to this email.
>
> OK.  Using s/old/new/ format.
>
> 1.1:  s/Did not found/Did not find/

Thanks, I've fixed it.

> Ch. 2:  Installation and Configuration
>
> It would be great to have more info on setting custom key bindings.
> I went thru lots of saved emails about how to do this, tried several of
> them, and still failed.  :(
>
> Oh, I see, it's in section 3.7 -- and it still doesn't work for me.  oh
> well. Must be highly gtk or other library dependent.

I should add that I didn't touch Q&A's where I wasn't sure enough about the
procedure or problem. And unfortunately, the custom key bindings topic is
one of them. So if anyone could give some insight into it, it would be
appreciated.

By the way, I've recently uploaded single-page version of the FAQ, which is
now available either at the sylpheeddoc website:

http://sylpheeddoc.sourceforge.net/en/faq/faq.html

Or at the following location (as a simple HTML):

http://pknbe.users.sourceforge.net/faq/en/faq.html

Best,
Petr Kovar