[sylpheed:32976] Re: Read Receipt ?

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Tue May 12 15:46:33 JST 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009 11:24:46 -0400, Bruce Bowler wrote:

Hi,

> I'd like to point out that the best it can be is a "something opened
> the message" flag, it's entirely possible the bits never got to a
> real person.

Most people know that, and that's probably the reason all MUAs I know
that do return receipts have this kind of label in the receipt: "The
message blah has been displayed. There is no guarantee that the message
has been read or understood."

In my opinion that's not a reason to avoid them entirely. I often
request receipts when dealing with administrations or professionals, I
feel it makes the recipient more aware that I'm awaiting an answer :)

--
Colin