[sylpheed:33437] Re: Sylpheed 3.0beta4 sometimes dies when sending mail in an Ubuntu 64bit system - more detail

mike mykey at mykey.de
Wed Dec 23 19:55:47 JST 2009

Hi John

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:09:50 +0200
John Shane <jslists at mtwafrica.org> wrote:

> If anyone can post instructions for how I can install an older version
> of libenchant I would be most grateful.

It has been discussed, but I guess it is a little hard to find - you have two
- downgrade enchant to version 1.4.2
- or build version 1.5.0 using:
 './configure --disable-zemberek' (spellcheck turkish)

Downgrading a package in ubuntu seems a little tedious - from what I read you
should first:

apt-cache showpkg enchant (or whatever the package is called)

followed by:

sudo aptitude install enchant=<version number output from before>

best
mike