[sylpheed:33391] Re: PGP passphrase dialog not displaying text correctly

TAKAHASHI Tamotsu ( 高橋全 ) ttakah at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 16:14:07 JST 2009

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 18:15:42 -0600
Reed Loden <reed at reedloden.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 08:43:44 +0900
> TAKAHASHI Tamotsu <ttakah at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The dialog comes from "pinentry",
> > invoked by gpg-agent (included in gnupg2),
> > which is invoked by gpgme, which, in turn,
> > used by sylpheed. (pheeew! ;)
> >
> > So you should check the old and new version
> > numbers of your pinentry and gnupg2 at first.
>
> Ugh, that is a mess...
>
> Hmm, I don't seem to have pinentry installed. I see various pinentry-*
> packages, but none of them are installed. Do you think pinentry is
> required for the dialog to display correctly?

I don't know but it may help you to install pinentry-gtk
or pinentry-gtk2 and edit your ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf.
Ubuntu 9.10 seems to have pinentry-qt4 and gnupg-agent pre-
installed (according to a quick googling).
Maybe you used pinentry-gtk2 before. (and the qt4 one is
a little more verbose than gtk2 one, I guess?)

Once a pinentry is installed, it is easy to change the
default pinentry:
echo "pinentry-program " `which pinentry-gtk-2` >> ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf

Hey, this is not so relevant to sylpheed now. ;)
You'll find more information here and there:

Bye,
--
tamo