[sylpheed:33390] Re: PGP passphrase dialog not displaying text correctly

Reed Loden reed at reedloden.com
Sun Dec 6 09:15:42 JST 2009

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 08:43:44 +0900
TAKAHASHI Tamotsu (高橋全) <ttakah at gmail.com> wrote:

> The dialog comes from "pinentry",
> invoked by gpg-agent (included in gnupg2),
> which is invoked by gpgme, which, in turn,
> used by sylpheed. (pheeew! ;)
>
> So you should check the old and new version
> numbers of your pinentry and gnupg2 at first.

Ugh, that is a mess...

Hmm, I don't seem to have pinentry installed. I see various pinentry-*
packages, but none of them are installed. Do you think pinentry is
required for the dialog to display correctly?

$ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.9

$ dpkg-query -l gnupg*
ii  gnupg          1.4.9-4ubuntu7 GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement

$ gpgme-config --version
1.1.8

$ dpkg-query -l libgpgme11*
ii  libgpgme11     1.1.8-2ubuntu3 GPGME - GnuPG Made Easy
ii  libgpgme11-dev 1.1.8-2ubuntu3 GPGME - GnuPG Made Easy

~reed

--
Reed Loden - <reed at reedloden.com>