[sylpheed:32935] Re: Request for improvements in threaded messages.

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Wed Apr 15 00:02:42 JST 2009

Antonio Ospite <ospite at studenti.unina.it> wrote:

> I mean that the new message is _outside_ of the messages view, it is not
> visible at all, like if when Sylpheed (or GTK+) tries to show it
> scrolling the messages list it fails to calculate the scroll amount (or
> direction). I am using sylpheed-2.6.0 from Debian Sid btw.
>
> Please try if you can trigger this bug setting:
>   View -> Sort -> by thread date

That's the way I usually sort (Win32).  What I rediscovered yesterday,
is that the bottom thread will show the new messages (in that thread)
that have not yet been read, but after that they disappear (hidden) off
the bottom of the screen in subsequent views.  That's true even if
re-marked as unread.  To view those then requires reopening the thread
*and* scrolling down manually. It is a bit annoying and, as I said, was
reported awhile back as an apparent bug.

Gene