[sylpheed:32934] Re: Request for improvements in threaded messages.

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Tue Apr 14 19:33:02 JST 2009

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:18:04 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at peoplepc.com> wrote:

> Antonio Ospite <ospite at studenti.unina.it> wrote:
>
> > I think that threaded messages view can benefit of two little
> > improvements.
> >
> > 2. When I use the "Next unread" button with a long threaded discussion
> >    the highlighted message is sometimes out of the view (the view
> >    doesn't scroll properly). It would be good to have the current
> >    highlighted message visible in the messages list. I think this is a
> >    BUG, let me know if you can't reproduce it, I'll try to find  a
> >    better description. I experience this bug on some mailing lists
> >    like: Linux-arm-kernel[1] or linux-usb[2]
>
> Do you mean threads showing at the bottom of the screen section? That
> used to be the case with the Win32 versions, but appears to have been
> fixed with 2.6.0 or if not before.

I mean that the new message is _outside_ of the messages view, it is not
visible at all, like if when Sylpheed (or GTK+) tries to show it
scrolling the messages list it fails to calculate the scroll amount (or
direction). I am using sylpheed-2.6.0 from Debian Sid btw.

Please try if you can trigger this bug setting:
  View -> Sort -> by thread date

Thanks,
   Antonio