[sylpheed:32323] Re: How to display/render HTML messages ?

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Mon May 19 07:11:52 JST 2008

On Sun, 18 May 2008 23:39:33 +0200
Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I normally don't like to receive HMTL e-mails and do what I can to
> configure my various sources of e-mails, to send me plain text e-mails.
>
> But some times, soooome times, I receive a message where I wish I had a
> magic button I could click to say: "yes, for once, please render this
> HTML message".
> Granted, it's not often, say once every other month, but still, I wish
> I had that magic button.
>
> So is there way to get Sylpheed to display HMTL e-mails at the touch of
> a button ? Turned off byt default of course, for security, but that you
> could turn on for that occasionnal where you trust the source ?
>
> A plug-in maybe ? Or recompiling with some extra flags ?
>
> Or is there a policy that Sylpheed will never ever, for religious
> reasons, make it possible to render HTML messages ? ;-)
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Vince

Configuration->common preferences->details

set the web browser to whatever you use.

A typical entry would be --  firefox '%s'

Click on the attachments tab, double click on the html version of your
email and it will be opened in your web browser with full html
rendition.

A single click will give you a text version of the html which may be
good enough, but formatting and colors won't show up.

I think the format of the %s varies some with different browsers, but
I seem to recall that the command for the common ones were already
filled out in the pull down menu.

Good Luck,
Bob W.