[sylpheed:32303] Re: Sylpheed makes annoying noises when clicking on some folders...

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu May 8 01:54:14 JST 2008

Bob White <bob at bob-white.com> wrote:
> Well, that's really odd.  Of course what's in your columns is
> programmable under View->Set display items.  I had removed the "Mark"
> column as I don't use it for anything.  I put it back as a test and
> sure enough.  If I click on the Mark column, the beep comes back.  I
> have no idea why my results are the opposite of everyone else.  Ubuntu
> 7.10

Strange indeed. But since the bug appears to be mostly due to Gtk not
Sylpheed per se, maybe different versions of Gtk hence Ubuntu, produce
different effects ? I recently upgraded My Ubuntu 7.10 to 8.04 as it
has just been released, so I am now unable to try under 7.10 to see if
I get the same as you. Maybe you could upgrade to 8.04 ? Unless 8.04
happens to have show stoppers bugs for you ?

--
Vince