[sylpheed:32300] Re: Sylpheed makes annoying noises when clicking on some folders...

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Wed May 7 11:54:44 JST 2008

On Tue, 6 May 2008 22:20:49 +0200
Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> Bob White <bob at bob-white.com> wrote:
> > I would get a beep on some folders, but not others.  I found that if I
> > sorted on something by clicking the top of a column, the beep would go
> > away.  I'm not sure if that's the same problem you have, or what the
> > beep was supposed to be telling me, but give it a try.
>
> Oh great, you found the problem ! :-)
>
> I experienced a bit with your suggestion in mind, and found the
> opposite as you: the folders that do NOT produce a beep when I click on
> them, are those whose messages are NOT sorted. But as soon as I click
> on a column header to sort the messages, it triggers the beep !
>
> I found that if I click on the left most column (the one with a check
> mark), it resets the sorting, and the beep goes away.
>
> Now there might an option ;-) to turn this annoying beep off, but if
> not, a (real this time ;-) bug report is on order... luckily, should be
> trivial to fix, a one liner probably, hopefully in the next Sylpheed
> release ! :o)
>
> --
> Vince

Well, that's really odd.  Of course what's in your columns is
programmable under View->Set display items.  I had removed the "Mark"
column as I don't use it for anything.  I put it back as a test and
sure enough.  If I click on the Mark column, the beep comes back.  I
have no idea why my results are the opposite of everyone else.  Ubuntu
7.10

Bob W.