[sylpheed:32293] Re: Where is Sylpheed's Bug Tracking System ???

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Wed May 7 03:49:22 JST 2008

On Tue, 6 May 2008 18:54:44 +0200
Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> > Why workaround? You wanted Sylpheed to ignore the error, now it ignores
> > it. Or did I get your bugreport wrong?
>
> It's only a workaround, because as far I understand it, this option
> keeps the error dialog from showing up at all.
> My bug report is about being silent when there is no user action (when
> Sylpheed is polling the mail server automatically, every few minutes),
> but obviously when there IS user intervention (the user manually clicks
> on the "Get all" button in the toolbar), obviously in this case you
> would want the error dialog to show up, otherwise how are you gonna
> know what is the problem, when there is one.

<snip>
> Yeah, and if I need to search for an option, I can just ask you and
> you will tell me where to find it, handy ! ;-)

> Regards,
>
> --
> Vince

Just above that option, select "Show receive dialog only on manual
receiving".  If there is an error, you will see it in the receive
dialog box.  That should take care of all the situations.

Yes, this list is a great resource for finding out how to use
Sylpheed, and there are a lot of options.

Bob W.