[sylpheed:32291] Re: Where is Sylpheed's Bug Tracking System ???

Evgeni Golov sargentd at die-welt.net
Wed May 7 01:36:47 JST 2008

On Tue, 6 May 2008 18:23:40 +0200 Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

> On Mon, 5 May 2008 23:45:00 +0200
> Evgeni Golov <sargentd at die-welt.net> wrote:
> > Well, what is wrong with this (unhidden) option:
> > Configuration -> Common Preferences -> Details -> Other ->
> > Don't popup error dialog on receive error
>
> Oh, thanks Evgeni ! :o)
> Great workaround while waiting for a proper fix.

Why workaround? You wanted Sylpheed to ignore the error, now it ignores
it. Or did I get your bugreport wrong?

> Hey, I am not a Launchpad lover either (I have many gripes with the bug
> tracker, to talk about the part I happen to be contact with, as an
> Ubuntu end user), but it does have many benefits, and I thought that
> having a bug tracker, whatever the bug tracker, is still zillion times
> better than having no bug tracker whatsoever, as seems to be the case
> today ;-)

Well, this is true for projects with many developers. But why does Hiro
need one? He can get all patches and bugs here on the ML, so imho it
would be an overkill here.

> Thanks again for stearing me towars that option... I must say the
> preference dialog has many many tabs, on many levels, so it's easy to
> miss some options ;-)

Well, maybe someone has to redisign it a bit, remove some levels, add
some icons etc :)
But I'm used to it, and usually do not need the config dialogs - my
config works :)

regards
Evgeni