[sylpheed:32793] Re: Language in menus

Per Danielsson pd at sics.se
Fri Dec 19 19:53:37 JST 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:12:06 +0100, I wrote:

> I figured it out. (Windows) Control Panel -> Regional and Language
> Options. Click on the tab "Administrative" and then "Change system
> locale ..."
>
> The locale was set to Swedish and Sylpheed apparently chooses language
> according to the system locale.

I was wrong. Apparently Sylpheed does *not* choose the language
according to the system locale. It chooses the language based on the
Format setting ("the way your computer displays numbers, currencies,
dates and time").

This is, in my opinion, a bug. The point of having a locale *and* a
setting for the date, time and currency format is that you may want to
use a format different from the format associated with a specified
language.

Sylpheed should choose language according to the system locale, and
ideally also have a language override setting in the confiugration menu.

Cheers,
PD
Per Danielsson                          pd at sics.se
Swedish Institute of Computer Science
Uppsala Science Park, SE-751 83 Uppsala, SWEDEN
N59.50.60, E17.38.56                    "Why not? Yeah."
"Qu'on me donne six lignes écrites de la main du plus honnête homme,
 j'y trouverai de quoi le faire pendre." - R