[sylpheed:32571] Re: Gmail anyone?

sm0oojzz+sylph at fastimap.com sm0oojzz+sylph at fastimap.com
Fri Aug 15 06:41:56 JST 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:22:50 -0600
genegold at peoplepc.com wrote:

> The email service suggestions in this thread have got me to thinking -
> and a question from someone who's never considered IMAP before. When a
> user switches from POP3 email accounts with an ISP to email service such
> as fastmail.fm (or lavabit.com), it looks seamless in terms of keeping
> one's default and created folders in Sylpheed. However, does Sylpheed
> seem it the same way when switching from an ISP's POP3 to a service's
> IMAP account, or does everything start from scratch? Thanks.

If you are using POP3, your folders are local.  IMAP folders are on the provider's server so those have to be created from scratch.  However, you can filter or make copies of any message/folder on your IMAP server into your local Sylpheed folders.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but I gave it a shot.

--
John