[sylpheed:32264] Re: Help Compiling Sylpheed-2.4.8 on Debian Etch

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 20:15:46 JST 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 06:57:36 -0400
Andrew Grieser <agrieser at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I run: ./configure, I am unable to enable ssl or gpg support,
> even though I have both openssl and gpg installed. The output I
> receive is:

This could be a silly question, but just to check:  Did you also
install libssl-dev, libgpgme11-dev etc?  You need the -dev variants of
the library packages when compiling something from source using them.

The outputs from configure scripts are always a little misleading about
what actually needs to be installed:  When it says "OpenSSL", it
really means "libssl-dev", and so on.

Tom

--

Thomas White