[sylpheed:31662] Re: Deleting duplicate messages

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 07:45:49 JST 2007

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 00:55:31 +0200
Massimiliano Marini <max at linuxtime.it> wrote:

> > I'm having a problem with the 'Delete duplicate messages' menu option.
> > Often I receive a message (via POP), read it, and then receive it
> > again (through a different POP account).  When I do 'Delete duplicate
> > messages', the original one is apparently removed, and the remaining
> > one is left marked unread.  This seems wrong, since I've already
> > actually read the message.  Am I missing something?  Is this behavior
> > configurable somehow?
>
> In my case when I have 2 duplicate message .. one "marked" read and one
> marked "unread" the "Delete Duplicate Messages" function remove the
> message that is marked "unread".
>
> There's no option for this behavior, but I think is better to remove
> the message marked as "unread".
>
> My +1

So we both agree that removing the unread one is "the right thing".  My
Sylpheed sometimes removes the read one and sometimes the unread one.
After playing around a bit, it seems that my Sylpheed always removes the
one whose file (I use MH mailboxes) has the earlier timestamp.  Can
anyone verify this?  If so, is there a consensus on whether this is
'correct' or not?

> Massimiliano Marini - http://www.linuxtime.it/massimilianomarini/

Celejar