[sylpheed:31790] Re: New feature request

jugarobox-fs at yahoo.com jugarobox-fs at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 17:13:45 JST 2007

--- Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez <rnsanchez at wait4.org>
escribió:

> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:22:33 +0200
> wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > If you're not able to filter by/sort by/search by,
> why allowing colour
> > (or any other) tags?
>
> You can set up a filter that applies a color label
> to a message, why not
> having means of automatically searching for that
> color label thereafter?
> I use the manual way of searching (summary quick
> filter set to "has
> color label"), and it's pretty suboptimal, specially
> if you use (plenty
> of) folders.
>
> In fact, with such feature I'd use color labels much
> more.
>
> --
> Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez
> rnsanchez at wait4.org
> Powered by FreeBSD
>
>   "Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to
> worse."

What I am missing in Sylpheed is that currently you
may search messages which have a "color label", but
you __cannot__ choose the color to search.

Also filtering and ordering by color would be useful,
but i prefer beeing able to search by color first.

As has already said in this thread, the usefulness of
this feature is user dependent. For me is that i use
colors for labeling e-mail in a same folder: red is
for meetings, blue for documents and interfaces, brown
for tasks i've been requested, and so on. This way for
me is easier to search than searching for words in the
content of e-mails.

For me it would be even better to have "real" labels,
like gmail ones, but as sylpheed already have colors,
i think it would be easier to develop this request.