[sylpheed:31246] Re: SSL Self-Signed Certificate Dialogs Cannot be Disabled

Srdan Tosovic tos at prip.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 1 04:34:09 JST 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 23:28:18 +0200
sopra-it at gmx.net wrote:

> > Or, what would be ideal is a checkbox that causes the warnings to be
> > ignored in the future. Has this been discussed? Is there somewhere I
> > should file a bug report?
> This is not a bug, but seems to be intended behaviour. It has been
> reported/requested earlier, but unfortunately no response so far
> (31198, 31203).
>
> You can get rid of the dialog by putting the certificate to
> ~/.sylpheed-2.0, see message 30701 for details. However, I couldn't
> get it to work that way...

I was able to get rid of the warning by putting the certificate
in /etc/ssl/certs and running 'c_rehash /etc/ssl/certs' as root.  It
also works if you put the cert in ~/sylpheed-2.0/certs and run c_rehash
on that directory, but then you get the warning for all "real" certs
(unless you copy them to sylpheed's cert directory too, of course).
Should this be considered a bug?

Srdan