[sylpheed:31456] Re: Read Receipt with Sylpheed

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Sat Jun 16 05:30:14 JST 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:51:33 +0100
Laurence Darby <ldarby at mips.com> wrote:

> That wasn't my point.  If you need to know someone has listened to
> you, understood you, and get a time estimate for when they'll act on
> what you said, and are assuming they are too lazy/stupid/impolite to
> read & reply or act on your email, then you'd better have a telephone.

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

My point is that this feature may be helpful under specific
circumstances (YMMV).  In the past, while an Eudora user, I often used
receive- and read- receipts when submitting assignments results to
professors, and some had the habit of never confirming anything--so
these receipts were very useful.  The receive- receipts were very mostly
useful for me.

I'd use again, if available, and I doubt people would turn down using
Sylpheed if it supported receipts.  Probably the other way.  :)

Regards.

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez                   rnsanchez at wait4.org