[sylpheed:31229] Re: I think I've got it.

Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 05:55:08 JST 2007

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
> Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> First, a question.  When I view a newsgroup, I sent the "View" option
>> to "Unread."  But this setting does not persist between sessions.  It
>> always goes back to "All."  Why doesn't this choice persist?
>>
>> Now, to my insight. When I select "Unread" in the view options, it
>> seems that Sylpheed has to search through thousands of news posts to
>> find the next unread post.  My experience -- the larger the bank of
>> news articles, the slower Sylpheed is in finding the next unread
>> message.
>>
>> Is there a way to delete the headers and have Sylpheed start with a
>> blank database for each newsgroup?
>
> Do you mean right-click, Mark, Unread?  It works here.

Nope.  At the top left of the message pane, there is a button in which
the word "All" appears.  You click the arrow to the right of "All," and
you get choices of which messages to view.  I pick "Unread," and all the
read messages disappear.  I want that box at the top left of the message
pane to remember my choice.

Any way to do that?

--

Jeffrey Needle