[sylpheed:31207] Re: Interested user questions

Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 09:19:06 JST 2007

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:53:24 -0400
"malkajef" <malkajef at orthohelp.com> wrote:

> I am playing around with Sylpheed and wanted to ask a few questions
> that were not in the FAQ.
>
> 1. Sylpheed cannot send HTML mail - which is fine with me.  But ca it
> view HTML mail sent to me?  If yes, when I reply to such messages
> will it send the reply as HTML or only text?
>
> 2. I am not sure from the manual whether Sylpheed can import messages
> and settings from Outlook Express 6 (latest version).  Can it?
>
> 3. I am assuming S can handle both email and newsgroups.  Correct?
>
> 4. How does it compare with Thunderbird for email and 40tude Dialog
> for newsgroups? Strong points vs. weak points.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jeff

I'm a new user, but to your last point, I gave up on Thunderbird
because it kept  losing my log in settings for newsgroups.  Right in
the middle of everything, I had to keep entering my user name and
password.  Too bad -- it's otherwise a pretty good program.

I find sylpheed a bit sluggish when reading newsgroups, but the e-mail
portion is just fine for me.

Jeffrey Needle
jeff.needle at gmail.com