[sylpheed:31199] Where is spam going?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Apr 25 01:34:38 JST 2007

I just built myself a new computer and put Ubuntu Feisty amd64 on it. I
Have been using Sylpheed on my laptop for a couple of years, but on the
new computer I installed Sylpheed-Claws 2.60. I set it up to leave
messages on the server, because it is really just a backup way to get on
the net in case I break my laptop.

Well, that is what happened. After getting the new computer running and
making a backup of my laptop, I upgraded my laptop from Edgy to Feisty.
The upgrade hung in the middle and now it won't boot. So for the moment
I'm using the new version.

When I set it up I installed the Gtk version and all the extra goodies.
It works great, but I can't figure out where it is sending the spam. I
can't even find the option to turn spam filtering on or off. On my old
version spam was sent to the trash folder, and this Comcast account
would get 80% spam and 20% real messages every day. In the past 24
hours I have not seen one spam message in the trash. In other words,
the spam filter is evidently working, but I have no way to tell if it
is also deleting good messages. I want to monitor it for a while before
I entrust my incoming mail to it.

So where is it putting the spam?