[sylpheed:30216] Re: Feature request: two different browsers.

Keith Bates keith at new-life.org.au
Sat Oct 21 17:36:31 JST 2006

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 10:20:30 +0200
bojster <sylpheed at bojster.net> wrote:

> Paul wrote:
>
> > Use the Actions feature.
>
> Oh, it was *that* easy! Thanks, I have never used actions, so I didn't
> come up with that. I added 'Open with Firefox' (firefox %s), but now
> what I have to do is to highlight the URL, go to Tools->Actions->Open
> with Firefox... Still not perfect. Is there a way to add this action
> to the context menu for URLs? I tried with %p, but it still didn't
> jump into the context menu, and it just opened it as plain text in
> browser's window.

You can assign key strokes to an action. For example I use H (for HTML)
to activate this action: opera -newpage -noraise %p  I'm not sure what
the equivalent is for firefox (try firefox --help)

You don't have to highlight anything, just hover the mouse over the
link.

Hope this helps.

--
God bless you,