[sylpheed:30180] Re: [patch] defer the displaying of the main window on startup

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Tue Oct 17 14:53:13 JST 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:55:29 -0700 16 Oct 2006 at 17h10, Randy Dunlap
wrote:

Hi,

> > > maybe sylpheed forgot to make changes in the message that are
> > > SMTP safe, such as converting parts to quoted-printable or base64
> > > when they contains a trailing space at the end of a line.
> >
> > At the latest version, Sylpheed removes all trailing spaces from
> > body text, instead of using quoted-printable/base64 for increasing
> > compatibility with other MUAs (some of them don't handle
> > quoted-printable very well).

I do guess that micalg and boundary parameters were on the same line in
Ricardo's sent mail, and an SMTP server rewrapped it.
We went around this problem in Claws by using shorter boundaries, like

 protocol="application/pgp-signature"; micalg=PGP-SHA1

> Thanks for the warning.  This will make sylpheed difficult
> to use with Linux kernel patches.  We strongly prefer to send
> patches inline (not as attachments because attachements make
> patch review/comments difficult) and we need inserted text
> to remain unmodified by the MUA.  Up until this change,
> sylpheed has been great for us because it doesn't mangle the
> body text at all.

You'll still have Claws ;-)

--
Colin