[sylpheed:30176] Re: [patch] defer the displaying of the main window on startup

Randy Dunlap rdunlap at xenotime.net
Tue Oct 17 09:55:29 JST 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:27:08 +0900 Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:26:01 +0200
> DINH Viêt Hoà <dinh.viet.hoa at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > On 16 Oct 2006, at 22:28, Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez wrote:

> > > Hmm.  I'm lost here.  The message in my Sent folder has a good
> > > signature, but
> > > the one from the list doesn't.  Looking at message 30022, from
> > > Hiro and
> > > signed, the signature is OK.
> > >
> > > What went wrong?
> >
> > maybe sylpheed forgot to make changes in the message that are SMTP
> > safe, such as converting parts to quoted-printable or base64 when
> > they contains a trailing space at the end of a line.
>
> At the latest version, Sylpheed removes all trailing spaces from body
> text, instead of using quoted-printable/base64 for increasing
> compatibility with other MUAs (some of them don't handle
> quoted-printable very well).

Thanks for the warning.  This will make sylpheed difficult
to use with Linux kernel patches.  We strongly prefer to send
patches inline (not as attachments because attachements make
patch review/comments difficult) and we need inserted text
to remain unmodified by the MUA.  Up until this change,
sylpheed has been great for us because it doesn't mangle the
body text at all.

---
~Randy