[sylpheed:30182] Re: [patch] defer the displaying of the main window on startup

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Tue Oct 17 15:58:24 JST 2006

Hello,

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:53:13 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> I do guess that micalg and boundary parameters were on the same line
> in Ricardo's sent mail, and an SMTP server rewrapped it.
> We went around this problem in Claws by using shorter boundaries, like

>  protocol="application/pgp-signature"; micalg=PGP-SHA1

In the sent folder, the message I've sent has the following header:

So I don't think that caused the problem. Anyway they are semantically
same, and the modification of MIME headers will not affect the
verification.

> > Thanks for the warning.  This will make sylpheed difficult
> > to use with Linux kernel patches.  We strongly prefer to send
> > patches inline (not as attachments because attachements make
> > patch review/comments difficult) and we need inserted text
> > to remain unmodified by the MUA.  Up until this change,
> > sylpheed has been great for us because it doesn't mangle the
> > body text at all.
>
> You'll still have Claws ;-)

I'm currently thinking of adding an option to choose between stripping
trailing spaces and using quoted-printable/base64.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>