[sylpheed:30457] Re: Filter all messages from China

herbert langhans herbert.raimund at gmx.net
Sat Nov 25 06:35:18 JST 2006

Hi John and all,
here is my method.
The bogofilter thing was really easy to install. But I have it on my server where all the mails passing through procmail. If you have a similar setup you may want to give it a try.

- Collect the China-spam to a separate folder
- install bogofilter with ./configure and make and make install
- export the spam mails from the spam folder to mbox (file menu from sylpheed) and feed the bogofilter with %bogofilter -s spamfilename.mbox
- edit .procmailrc like it says in the installing instructions of bogofilter

Procmailrc will mark and separate all the spam plus Chinamails into a folder what you defined. In my case at least to 99% on ten different email addresses I am using - makes me enjoy getting spam and watch the 'intelligent' bogofilter doing the job.

Give it a try, you will like it..
Cheers
herbs