[sylpheed:30456] Re: Filter all messages from China

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Nov 25 05:24:25 JST 2006

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:36:46 +0100
herbert langhans <herbert.raimund at gmx.net> dijo:

> In my case I use bogofilter. It works as well on Chinese and
> such characters and is absolut relieable. Might not really
> be what you looking for, but it works.

I tried $G and $B as suggested by someone else, but it didn't work.
Finally I saved three or four Chinese spam messages. I selected and
copied each line and pasted it into filters that I set to subject and
body, and separated each character with a |, with parentheses at the
beginning and the end. Then I set the filters to Match to Regex. I have
about a hundred characters in the filter. I don't know what any of them
mean, but one of them is likely to appear in the subject or body of a
spam e-mail with Asian characters. So far it has caught 100% of the
Asian spam.