[sylpheed:30541] Re: character encoding problems

regisr regisr at pobox.com
Sun Dec 10 20:02:08 JST 2006

Hello!

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 21:28:29 +0200
Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd at gmail.com> a écrit:

> Another encoding problem is of the summary view. When a subject item
> (and probably any other item) doesn't have an embedded encoding
> specification in the message headers and its encoding is different to
> mine I'm getting it in my current locale encoding, i.e. in not readable
> form too. And as in the first issue, no matter how I change the
> encoding on the "View | Character encoding" menu. Only items with
> embedded encoding specification, can always be read on Sylpheed
> properly. For example:
>
> Subject: =?KOI8-R?B?1MXT1M/Xz8Ug08/Pwt3FzsnF?=

I have a similar problem, the subject is not understable. But message
body is correctly displayed.
It is not a sylpheed issue, the webmail on the server shows the same
not readable text. And the server add the flags in the subject
according my rule. As I use also FreeBSD 6.2 may be it is a trouble
with a library?
subjet is displayed as:
W09LLUxJU1RdIFtpbmZvLWlzb2NdIEludml0YXRpb24gYXUgZO5uZXIgZOliYXQg

--
regis