[sylpheed:37095] Re: Gmail question

c. marlow claws at cwm030.com
Sat Mar 26 23:06:54 JST 2022

On Sat, 26 Mar 2022 03:56:03 +0100
Javier <sylfiger at gmx.com> wrote:

> what icon does Gmail/Trash? Is it a trash bin?, you can change
> the type of folder (and so its icon as a confirmation) from right
> click on the folder and change its properties (note that this changes
> the folder type for Sylpheed, not on server, through folderlist.xml
> in your user files folder).

I see " TRASH" which is under no kind of sub label.

Then there's [GMAIL]/Trash which is under where you click on [GMAIL] and expand the folders and then click the TRASH folder.

> That is the last resort, if it doesn't work it is because there is
> already a server folder setup as trash bin (look at the icons).

Even if I turn off the trash preference under account settings, Trash is still stored under [IMAP]/TRASH.

But its funny, I can set my trash preference in any other email app, that app respects my choice and puts trash where I told it to put deleted emails.

It just makes it a pain because I dont know where [IMAP]/TRASH is under sylpheed. Due to having TRASH and [IMAP]/TRASH. Which means I'll have to go to webmail every once in awhile and dump the "psudo" trashcan.

I would go back to POP, but with this whole big ordeal coming up on 5/30 of doing away with less secure apps. I don't want to be stuck having to export email from one email client to another. I am hoping we'll just be able to use 2 step passwords and not be forced to use APPS that have OAUTH ( TB and Evolution).

If that happens, then I will prob go back to POP.

I am still confused on what Google is trying to accomplish...

> I open them on a new window, always (call it full screen if you
> wish), just double click on them.

ahhh.. I didn't know you could do that!

Thanks,
Chris