[sylpheed:37130] Re: Yahoo/AOL IMAP FETCH response Sylpheed parsing

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Sat Jun 11 07:48:50 JST 2022

Hi,

no one else is having troubles with Yahoo/AOL IMAP servers? No one
here uses Yahoo/AOL as mail service :-? ?

no one confirms or denies it?

I spent a little more trying to guess why happens but couldn't find
what is preventing Sylpheed to parse the FETCH output, other than
already told.

No problem if you update the folder summary, but otherwise, just and
empty mail list, but, it is not reasonable to re-download all mail
headers on a large folder everytime you want to check the latest
mail :(

I've seen that an old Seamonkey/Thunderbird doesn't have problems, so
I guess I'll have to switch to another mail client, at least for
those accounts, what is not of my liking :(

This reminds me of a similar bug on their side through POP3 that they
sent the full mail when using the TOP command despite you requested
only X lines.

Hope they fix it, if it is their fault, or Hiroyuki fixes it.

As I can't contact them, and Hiroyuki is still a little missing, I
have to rant here, sorry :-P

Regards.