[sylpheed:37117] Re: Gmail accounts no longer accessible from Sylpheed?

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Thu Jun 2 17:47:21 JST 2022

On Wed, 1 Jun 2022 22:40:43 +0200
José Luis González <bugs.jlg at gmail.com> wrote:

> You say we have to activate two-step verification. The first
> verification step I understand is the app password. I wonder what the
> second step would be.

	I think there is a misunderstanding - AIUI it goes like this:

	Two step verification (password and SMS usually) has to be
activated on the gmail account before you are allowed to issue app
passwords on the account. The app passwords can then be used by apps that
can't (or won't) do oauth2 like sylpheed without any extra authentication.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>