[sylpheed:37069] Re: Checking things out

themikeinbaltimore at gmail.com themikeinbaltimore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 01:00:30 JST 2022

Hi Chris,
I think this is interesting because it sounds to me like you are using the message view as a separate window.  I rarely use sylpheed this way.

I think sylpheed is meant to be used with Message View on, where you see the toolbar with Reply and other options for each message. This reminds me of 'Preview mode' in Outlook. If you don't want to use the Message View integrated in the same window as the toolbar, then I would use the shortcut Ctrl-R to reply.  But this works only if you view messages with the option View -> Separate Message View, and not by double clicking a message to open in a separate window.

Thanks,
Mike