[sylpheed:37005] Re: Is the Sylpheed project dead? (was: Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Server maintenance (2020/11/26))

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 08:35:41 JST 2021

Sadly, this appears to be the case. Perhaps it can be moved to github and interested people can contribute but it will still need a project leader.

On Friday, August 6, 2021, 11:19:20 AM CDT, Ricardo Mones <mones at debian.org> wrote:

Hi all,

On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 13:06:03 -0600
Rich Coe <rcoe at wi.rr.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 17:38:01 +0900
> Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Sraoss.jp server will be down for server maintenance (migration to AWS)
> > from Fri, 26 Nov 2020 11:00 (JST) until 13:00.
> >
> > All services on sraoss.jp, including this mailing list, will not be
> > available for the maintenance. Sorry for inconvenience.
>
> Hi Hiroyuki-san,
>
> I haven't pulled a source code update in a while, and I went to update
> my checkout, and found that svn://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/sylpheed is not
> responding.
>
> Could you check out the issue?

I've seen no response to this, which is still happening to me today, nearly
9 months later:

Updating '.':
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'svn://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/sylpheed/trunk' svn: E000110: Can't connect to
host 'sylpheed.sraoss.jp': Connection timed out

The bug tracker is full of spam [1], according repository browser [2]
there's no commit since 2020-05-29 (15 montjs ago), and, finally, last
Hiroyuki mail to this list was a successful test on 2020-11-26 (9 months
ago).

I know pandemic is still hitting hard, and I really hope Hiroyuki is fine
and healthy, but with all these facts, is this project still alive?

thanks,

[1] https://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/redmine/projects/sylpheed/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

[2]
https://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/redmine/projects/sylpheed/repository