[sylpheed:36978] Re: Yahoo since 20 of October 2020 and Sylpheed

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Mon Oct 5 10:35:35 JST 2020

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 17:19:03 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.com> wrote:

> Javier -- After sending, I checked my Yahoo email (in Sylpheed) and
> found the following: "Hi xxx, we noticed you haven't upgraded
> your mobile experience." Mobile.
>
> Gene

Hi,

I had received those kind of mails too in the last year. A few.

But then came these "Important security notice for Yahoo account" (or
AOL) and then in the mail body.

"We've noticed that you're using non-(Yahoo or AOL) applications".

"(Yahoo or AOL) will no longer support the current sign-in
functionality in your application starting on 20 October 2020"

And that creates the doubt.

And that also falls in the "app"/application ambiguity you were
talking before.

> What stands out about that whole page to me is what's not there:
> Windows or Mac or Linux operating systems.

But it is here, that is referenced in the same mail:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-for-desktop/SLN27791.html

- Access mail via Outlook for Mac
- Access mail via Outlook Desktop
- Access mail via Thunderbird
- Access mail via Windows Mail
- Access mail via Other Applications

To me it looks like they are there :)

We will see, as you say :) if no one else has another opinion.

15 days and counting down.

Regards.