[sylpheed:36977] Re: Yahoo since 20 of October 2020 and Sylpheed

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.com
Mon Oct 5 08:19:03 JST 2020

Javier -- After sending, I checked my Yahoo email (in Sylpheed) and
found the following: "Hi xxx, we noticed you haven't upgraded
your mobile experience." Mobile.

Gene

Javier,

I saw the page you linked. The "Access mail via Other Applications"
choice is exactly what I tried and didn't work from the Win 10 desktop.
What stands out about that whole page to me is what's not there:
Windows or Mac or Linux operating systems. Notice the section "Use a
secure option to access Yahoo Mail" lists only two options: 1) use the
Yahoo mail website, or 2) "Install the Yahoo Mail app on your Android
or iOS devices." Given that a Windows or Mac PC is not one of those
devices, and that Yahoo would presumably have been explicity about it
if desktop operating systems were involved in the switch, I'm not
jumping to the conclusion that you are, but taking a wait-and-see
approach.

Gene