[sylpheed:36975] Re: Yahoo since 20 of October 2020 and Sylpheed

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Mon Oct 5 07:35:11 JST 2020

On Sun, 04 Oct 2020 14:26:33 -0600
"Gene Goldenfeld" <genegold at fastmail.com> wrote:

> There is some ambiguity in the use of the term "app," but it still
> seems to apply largely to mobile (vs. desktop) programs/devices.

Hi,

true, specially in english, as it is more common to use application
to refer to a program, and so "app" to call all now "apps". And with
the trend that statistics says "most" people have go mobile, they just
talk about apps for everything as looks people today doesn't
undestand anything else. Or at least are my thoughts about this "app"
misuse.

But in this case they are talking about desktop
programs/applications, as well.

This is another link in the notifications mails, and they are talking
about desktop programs/applications too:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-for-desktop/SLN27791.html

> With Yahoo, when I followed the third-party instructions, it didn't
> recognize Mailwasher on the desktop as applicable.

:-? Can't tell about Mailwasher.

I just created a password for Sylpheed, worked and nothing else.

The thing is if it will be like this forever or will be a session
password.

> Since it now
> costs to ask Yahoo support a question that gets answered,

It's free through systems like Twitter. Despite they just offer
support to their own programs/apps...

> we'll just have to wait until October 20 to see.

Of course, Just asking here if someone understood anything different
than me to clear doubts :)

Regards.