[sylpheed:36974] Re: Re : Re: Re : Yahoo since 20 of October 2020 and Sylpheed

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Mon Oct 5 05:30:27 JST 2020

On Sun, 04 Oct 2020 12:41:42 +0000
Kévin <kevin at mmn.on.ca> wrote:

> These are kind of the exceptions to the rules, for your outbound SMTP
> it's beneficial to the company to add additional email traffic to boost
> up their reputation and get their filtering right.

	Not really - the benefit to them is simply that a free bottom tier
makes it easy for customers to try them out and for individuals who might
recommend them to just use them. Their paid offerings are aimed at large to
enormous corporations and have all sorts of expensive optional services.

>  One would assume
> they're scraping data in the process in the same way CloudFlare does to
> bolster it's paid offering.

	I doubt it, their premium services get really expensive fast.

> Unfortunately, with the new model of exploiting users and reap the ad
> bux, you have to be sceptical at the "free" model nowadays but that's not
> to say there aren't unicorns milling about out there.

	Indeed, and they're well worth finding.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>