[sylpheed:36967] Re: Re : Yahoo since 20 of October 2020 and Sylpheed

Xavier B. somenxavier at posteo.net
Sun Oct 4 19:12:15 JST 2020

Yahoo and Google have a clear plan: limit freedom of users and lock-in users in their platforms. Personally. I switch from gmail to posteo.net.

I only use gmail for corporate mail (I have no choice) but I said very clearly that I access gmail via web (nop IMAP nop POP3 nop Mobile). So my corporation is aware I'm not online everytime. This is the disavantatge (of corporate)

You have to be aware tha free service (as in beer) does not exist. Google and Yahoo offer free service but you are the target of marketing purposes. If you want to have a good service, a paid service is the only alternative.

I chose posteo.net because javascript code passes FSF criterium.

Regards,
Xavier

On Sat, 03 Oct 2020 15:57:53 +0000
Kévin <kevin at mmn.on.ca> ha escrit: