[sylpheed:36910] Wishes for Sylpheed's filters [was: Re: Gmail throttling?]

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Sat May 16 06:13:39 JST 2020

Craig:

> You will have to ask someone more familiar with IMAP, I used it
> only briefly, right before I left Los Alamos National Laboratory.

What people use Sylpheed! I feel humbled and proud at the same time.

> I do use Sylpheed's filters to distribute emails among them. The
> filters are good, but they could be better. Same for the search
> function (which I tried using for a specific search yesterday).
>
> They will not let one do a sort or search like
>
>     [ (Criterion 1) and [ (Criterion 2) or (Criterion 3)] ].

Yeah, you have to use separate filters and searches for that.
A couple of wishes of mine are:

-- Ask for a message date instead of its age.
-- Introduce a filter by the participation of a sender or receiver
   in an address group. I have several such groups, e.g.
   Colleagues, Programmers, Friends. It would be great to filter by
   them.