[sylpheed:36901] Re: Gmail throttling?

aderoy at mnsi.net aderoy at mnsi.net
Fri May 15 08:01:44 JST 2020

On Fri, 15 May 2020 00:36:42 +0300
Anton Shepelev <anton.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for testing, Aderoy. My problem seems to be
> described here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1071518?hl=en ,
> and I do hope the block is temporary, but am not sure. And the
> support of free Gmail accounts is practically nonexistent...
>
> I think it was a bug in Sylpheed, or my misunderstanding of how it
> works, that caused the block. On a remotely connected work PC, I
> started an instance of Sylpheed with the --configdir parameter
> pointing to a Windows share with a backup of my mail:
>
> sylpheed.exe --configdir \\SRV3\Shepelev_AV\WorkPC\SHARE\MAIL\

Anton,

I really do not think this is not a bug with Sylpheed have been using
for a few years even with Gmail free account not issue. On this machine
(MBP) using v3.4.1 with Gmail with a mailstore of 14550 and local
mailstore of little over 325000 do not experience the downloading of all
google's mail. Not including local mailstore I have 6 configured for
normal use.

I do not like Google Mail and use it for other websites requiring an
email address and do not wish to give my personal address. If too much
crap I can close the account. GMX has free IMAP/POP accounts (if you
use web based e-mail too many ads), same as with Vivaldi. Fastmail is a
good service (paid).

Have you tried to unsubscribe to Gmail|All Mail ?

Not an expert and maybe someone else will have a btter idea/solution.

Good luck.

Arnold

--
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare. It is
because we do not dare that things are difficult. ~ Seneca