[sylpheed:36884] Re: Using Sylpheed with a raster font

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:04:54 JST 2020

Stefan Vorkoetter to Anton Shepelev

> > I am trying to use Sylpheed with a raster font
> > (Terminus). It works very well, except the few places
> > where it outputs text in a size smaller than the common
> > system-wide font size, of which the bar separating the
> > summary view and the message view (in normal layout) is
> > the most annoying blemish on the beautiful face of
> > Sylpheed. You can see it in the attached screenshot. Is
> > it possible to render the text on that bar in standard
> > font size, perhaps add options to do so?
>
> How were you able to do this in the first place?

Looks great, does is not?

> The raster fonts show up in my font selection dialog, but
> they don't actually work (a different vector font is used
> in its place).

I did not have to do anything special on my Raspbian in
addition to intalling the package `xfonts-terminus'.
Raspbian uses the LXDE desckop environment.  May be you are
using an inferrior desktop that does not support raster
fonts and insists on blurry vector fonts?  If so, consider
these pixel-perfect reproductions of raster fonts in the TTF
format:  https://int10h.org/oldschool-pc-fonts/fontlist/  .

--
Please, do not forward replies to the list to my e-mail.