[sylpheed:36935] Re: gmail auth problem

Keith bainbridge keithrbau at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:37:12 JST 2020

On 4/8/20 4:57 am, G.A. L.F. wrote:
> Google considers the authentication mechanisms less secure because the
> credentials are being sent over the communications channel (and yes,
> they know fully well that POP3S uses TLS).  Google has been trying to
> make this push for users to switch to using OAuth 2.0 API over
> password-only authentication for quite some time now.

It's probably a furphy, but    I wonder if Google really think that web
mail is the best way to go. It is rumoured that ALL staff use the web
interface - no choice in the matter. And woe betide the rest of us if we
need to sort out wrongly filtered spam - as several of my local church
people have been TRYING to do for 3 weeks now.

I just can't hack google web mail.    There may be one that works though.

--

Keith Bainbridge

keithrbau at gmail.com

0447 667468