[sylpheed:36768] Re: using sylpheed for OAuths2 Multi-factor authentication

Kévin kevin at mmn.on.ca
Wed Mar 6 21:08:26 JST 2019

Hi there Globe Trotter,

Assuming that the organisation administrator allows IMAP/SMTP for their accounts, it's not an issue.  You'll need an application password to use to check your mail through Sylpheed.

It's fairly simple to set-up, have a look at the below instructions for Office 365 (it's also the same for Hotmail, etc) :

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-an-app-password-for-Office-365-3e7c860f-bda4-4441-a618-b53953ee1183

Kind regards,

Kévin Costelloe
Always remember to pillage before you burn.
Threema  : 3XMN8PC | Modem : +1 (416) 548-4117
@mmn at mastodon.sdf.org

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.